Happy Sunday and 3rd Week into your paleo challenge!! To recap our meeting from Saturday, we discussed the topics from the blog last week including the olive oil scandal- this was very eye opening for all of us! Check out this link to find real olive oil. We also talked about the celebration of food- don’t forget to enjoy the fresh foods you are eating and explore new recipes- oh and don’t forget your onion goggles! 😉 Also- social occasions, this can be tough but be prepared before you go. Bring a dish to share with your friends! Show them how delicious real food is!
Food For Thought:Going out to eat? Make sure you reread the post from Thursday. In short…
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Questions help you become more educated and we can all use a little bit of that.
- You HAVE to ask questions. You don’t know what restaurants add to dressings, sauces, vegetables.. ASK!
- Ask for additions or substitutes and just pay it. Chances are your $3.50 cup of broccoli will barely fill the palm of your hand, but you’ll feel a little more satisfied if you include it.
- Seek out a restaurant that isn’t a chain. Usually their food will be fresh, sometimes local ingredients.
- It’s ok to talk about your challenge.
- In general, be careful about eating out. It’s critical you do not eat out everyday.
Mini Challenge! This weeks challenge is to go out to a restaurant and eat a paleo meal! Take a picture of what you have and post it to Facebook on the Hoosier CrossFit page. Tell us where you went, what you ate, what substitutions you made, and how your server was willing or unwilling to work with you! You have until next Sunday to complete this challenge!
Community Event! This Saturday at noon we will be having our meeting and The Tieman’s house, 2821 S. Rayle. We will be having spaghetti squash for everyone- please bring a side dish to share with the group! Don’t forget to write down your recipe with directions on an index card. We will be voting on a winner!
Reminder no team WOD Saturday but we will be running the Bloomingfoods Breakway 5K- come run with us!
You are half way in the challenge, reflect on the challenge so far and what you are looking forward to these next 3 weeks!