Focus on the Foods you CAN eat and avoid anything else Questionable!
- Lean Meats – Chicken, Fish, seafood, buffalo and venison. At your meal, eat as much as your palm.
- Vegetables -vary the type of veggies. At your meal, eat 2x the size of your palm.
- Fruit – preferably Low Sugar fruits. Strawberries, blueberries, rasperries, canteloupe.
- Nuts. Walnuts, cashews, almonds.
- Oils. Olive and coconut oil – stay away from other oils until you’ve done research on them.
What Not To Eat:
- Do not eat dairy! This includes butter, cheese (hard and soft), yogurt (even Greek) and milk (including cream in your coffee or tea).
- Do not eat grains! This includes bread, rice, pasta, cereal, oatmeal, corn and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa and sprouted grains.
- Do not eat legume! This includes beans of all kinds (soy, black, kidney, etc.), peas, lentils, and peanuts. (No peanut butter)
- Condiments. Nearly all store bought –Processed salad dressings, BBQ sauce, Ketchup, Mustard (unless just mustard seeds and vinegar; check the label) , Miracle Whip, etc.
- Anything made with soybean oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil.
- Anything made with processed sugar high fructose corn syrup or Sugar in general, including organize evaporated cane juice
- Do not eat or add artificial sugar. Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc.
- Do not eat processed foods! This includes protein bars, dairy-free creamers. Anything that says “0 calories” when it would normal have calories, anything that says “0 sugar” when it should have sugar, etc.
- Do not drink beer, white wine, !
- Do not eat white potatoes! Sweet potatoes and yams are a more nutrient-dense option, so go for those instead.
To Eat in Moderation During our Paleo Challenge: (let’s just say once a day or less)
- Processed Meat. On occasion, we are okay with organic chicken sausage (these are nitrate, dairy, gluten and casein-free), and high quality bacon, deli meat, and high-quality jerky (no slim jims or any mainstream jerky).
- Dried Fruit. In general, careful with the fruit. Use dried fruit and Larabars in serious moderation, and only if it doesn’t send you running for the nearest candy dish. Also, dried fruit with chemical additives are not included
- Natural Sweeteners. Although 100% maple syrup and honey are “all natural,” they need to be limited. Do not eat these every day.
- Chocolate. Having 72% cacao or above is favorable when snacking. Moderation means it is not a daily intake.
- coffee and black tea. We’re okay with coffee (black, or with a little coconut milk), and only if it doesn’t interfere with sleep. Usually, that means have a cup or two before noon. If you really want to go hardcore and reset your body’s sensitivity to caffeine, skip the coffee/tea all together.
- Vinegar. While it’s technically not “Paleo”, use it in small quantities with salad dressing or in salsa.
- Salt. While some “approved” foods like olives or bacon will have some salt in them, go easy when adding salt to your food.
- Red Wine. We are making it acceptable to have a glass of red wine on occasion – not daily
- Coconut Aminos. This is used in place of Soy Sauce
- Kombucha. It’s a fermented tea. Look out for ingredients that don’t have extra flavorings.
PRODUCT LIST OF NOs:
So Delicious Coconut Milk – original, vanilla, and chocolate
So Delicious Ice Cream
Silk coconut milk – original, vanilla, and chocolate