- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
2 tbsp grass-fed butter, melted2 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped up
- 6 crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup cooking sherry
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the Brussels, butter, and salt & pepper in a bowl. Layer a baking sheet with tin foil and then spread out the Brussels evenly on it. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Meanwhile… Over medium-high heat, cook the bacon in a deep skillet until slightly browned (about 7 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to medium and then throw in the mushrooms and shallots. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes until the shallots are translucent, stirring occasionally. Throw in the garlic and stir, about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and cooking sherry to the skillet, mixing thoroughly. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half. Constantly stir.
- When the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, taste that sh*t and tell me you’re not in love. I mean, seriously.Stir in the Brussels to evenly coat them in the sauce, and consume.