Why not take an old favorite and make it paleo? Check out this amazing Sloppy Joe recipe!
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
2 tbs olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 tbs honey
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs mustard
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1. In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, lemon juice, honey, and spices.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Cook onion, carrot, and pepper until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Brown the ground turkey or beef.
3. Add veggies back into the pan and then coat with the sauce from the bowl.
4. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes until thick.
I like to eat my Sloppy Joe on a bed of lettuce! yum yum!