Not that long ago I wanted to “mix it up” a little. I thought I’d branch out to make some BBQ sauce. I searched for recipes and couldn’t find many options. So, If my BBQ sauce was a dog, it’d surely be a Mutt. The base of the recipe came from Song of Grok. The rest was inspiration from whatever was in the fridge.
– 1 6oz can tomato paste (preferable organic)
– 1 to 1.5 cups of beef stock (I made my own but if you buy, you want it without salt)
– 3 Cloves Garlic
– .5 of an onion
– 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
*I didn’t have beef stock and when I went to the store to purchase some, I didn’t like the ingredients. So I made my own liquid concoction Including 1/4 cup local Apple cider, 1/8 cup dry red wine, some squirts of Worcestershire sauce, and some squirts of honey.
I let it simmer for a while, topped it on my grilled pork and it wasn’t too bad! I used it as meat loaf topping the next day.