I don’t know if you saw this on HCF website via Foodee via The Clothes Make the Girl, but I had to post this. To be honest, I’ve never purchased these silly looking burgers with any kind of nut butter at a restaurant, but I’d love to try it at home. Start exploring new foods!
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
8 ounces ground beef
salt & pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons organic (sugar-free) Sunbutter or almond butter
1-2 scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, mix the strawberries, lemon juice, and ginger; set aside.
2. Generously season the ground beef with salt and pepper, form into patties, and cook your favorite way. I like to grill them on the gas grill so they’re crispy on the outside, but pan fried would be really tasty, too.
3. While the burgers are cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium-high. Pour the strawberries and their juice into the pan and sauté the berries until they’re very soft and syrupy. They should be reduced to about 1/4 cup. Allow to cool a bit.
4. Put the Sunbutter in a microwave-safe dish and heat until thinned, about 40 seconds.
5. When the burgers are done, top each with 1 tablespoon of melted Sunbutter and 1-2 tablespoons of the strawberry “jelly,” then sprinkle with scallions.