Tex Mex Meatza with my man and the CrossFit Games Live!!!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 16 oz. jar of salsa (I made my own pico de gallo and added it instead)
- 8 oz. raw cheese, shredded (optional) (I left this out)
- handful of cilantro, chopped(I left this out – it was in my pico)
- 1/2 head crunchy lettuce (like romaine), chopped (I really wanted a pizza, not a taco)
- 2 green onions, sliced (I left this out)
- I added Old World Pizza Sauce, green bell pepper chopped, red onion chopped, sliced mini baby portobello, and shredded parm
Preheat your oven to 400ºF. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the beef, egg and 3/4 c of salsa with your hands. Spread the mixture out into a large oven-safe pan (something with high sides–we used cast iron), making sure to press the mixture all the way up the sides–think deep dish pizza. Bake this mammoth meat mass for 30 minutes* or until the meat is cooked through and is considerably brown.
While the mammoth meat mass is baking, chop and shred the rest of your ingredients. (I put my veggies on the stove top to cook a little bit)
You’ll see the mass has shrunk quite bit, but has still maintained a nice crust/toppings boundary line. (mine had a lot of oils and juices, so I poured this out) Pour the rest of the salsa (I decided w/ the pizza sauce I didn’t want salso on top) into the ‘toppings’ part of the pie and top with cheese. Turn your oven on broil and pop the pie back in the oven. Let the cheese get to the desired level of bubbly, brown-ness, remove and let cool a bit.