For all of our challenge followers, whether you put your money in the pot or not, let us know how your week went!
The purpose of Week #1 is to think about about and ultimately choosing to make healthy choices. Did you find any challenges in planning your meal? Did you stick to all paleo breafkasts or all paleo lunches or all paleo dinners, or did you mix it up a bit? Did you experiment with a new food or herbs? Did you decide to go for more than one Paleo meal a day? Let us know your thoughts. Plus, write down what you anticipate for this upcoming week.What you think will happen when you incorporate two meals a day.
Below are the rules for Week #2
1. Continue to describe breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, record your WODS, sleep, and mood/energy in your journal.
2. This week, you will choose TWO meals each day consisting of only Meat, Veggies, nuts/seeds, or some fruit.
3. Snacks in between meals are still freely your choice. Begin thinking of healthier options than wheat/dairy products.
4. Go to the grocery store. Here is some food for thought:
- Pick out 3-4 vegetables, and 1 new vegetable you might not have had before. Zucchini, brussel sprouts, okra (in the frozen section). It’s really easy to put all of these in a pan with olive oil and brown. You need vegetables in BOTH paleo meals.
- Try to incorporate fish at least once per week – it’s the leanest with the best type of oil. Buy large ham or turkey (bulk is cheaper). Get some chicken and some burger. If it’s on sale, buy a lot and freeze it.
- Plan your meals and prepare them ahead of time. Write down some meals you want to make and prepare them in advance. Cut your veggies now, so you don’t have to do it later. Go back to Friday’s post and read about TIME MANAGEMENT.